Terms And Conditions
In this document:
- Volunteer refers to any individual working or seeking to work on a task or project, whether compensated or working on a volunteer basis.
- Requestor refers to an individual, employee, volunteer, or representative of the group you represent seeking support for a project.
- Website refers to veganhacktivists.org/playground
When using our website, you agree that:
- Any information submitted on the website is true and accurate.
- You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding (a) the information and content you contribute and (b) your interactions with other users through the website.
- You assume all risks when using our website, including but not limited to risks associated with any online and offline interactions with others. Any reports of harassment will be investigated and potentially result in removing access to the Playground community.
- Some organizations may provide paid work, in which case this will be made explicit in the request itself, but this should not be expected as the primary purpose of the website is for volunteer opportunities.
- VH does not mediate payment and invoicing between the volunteer and the organization. Payment arrangements should be made between the volunteer and the organization.
- Understand that the work is voluntary and there will be no compensation.
- Deliverables that infringe on intellectual property of third parties or contain plagiarism shall not be provided.
- Deliverables must be such that they cannot be interpreted as defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, tortuous, or otherwise objectionable.
- Deliverables will not be used in a manner that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Only sign up for deliverables you feel comfortable being able to produce. Do not take on a deliverable that may be above your current skills.
- Teamwork may be required with other volunteers and/or employees. In this case, maintain a respectful, friendly, and professional attitude with your team members.
- Provide deliverables in a timely manner. Reach out to your requestor and/or your main point of contact immediately if you will not be able to work on a deliverable.
- Please be patient. We will do our best to match a volunteer with your work request in a timely manner.
- While we do our best to identify and match you with a suitable volunteer, we cannot guarantee the quality of the work of the volunteers.
- Give due credit on the work produced by volunteers, according to the Creative Commons Best Practices for Attribution.
- Be mindful of the volunteer’s time and be reasonable with expectations of deliverables, workload, and schedule. If the scope of the task or project changes or increases, please solicit the volunteer’s input and if they are unable to meet those changes, proceed to create a new request on the website.
- If payment for the work is offered, pay the volunteer in a timely manner and according to the agreed schedule.
Playground is a community of passionate vegan volunteers looking to support animal advocates and organizations by volunteering their time and skills. Their diverse skill sets include software development, design, content creation, marketing, and much more. Anyone can join this community and apply to help you with your request.
Playground is separate from the Vegan Hacktivists team, and aims to increase the capacity in which we can support your work for the animals.